April 07, 2013

A Storm of Swords

I've been reading through the Game of Thrones series recently. Er... wait... A song of ice and fire? Hell, you know what I'm talking about. >_< They're actually really good for such popular books. Which probably makes me sound like a hipster. It's just that I love reading... but the last few books I remember becoming this viral (among people who don't read a lot) were complete shit (in my humble opinion, which I do not require others to share). I mean... ugh. I tried reading Twilight. It made me want to stab myself in the eye. 50 shades of grey? Okay... didn't actually read it, but I think that's a really good thing, because from what I've heard, it would have triggered me really bad. And it was just a terrible representation of what it was supposed to be about. Harry Potter was really good (I still love them!), but also quite over-rated. The books were good, but not as good as the worshipers make them sound. So anyway. Rant aside, I adore the Game of Thrones books. Has anyone watched the TV show? I can't decide if I want to or not... I'm afraid it might ruin the books, but on the other hand, it could make the books even better... Arghh I dunno! >_<

I had coffee for the first time in months today. And my puppy is laying next to me. ^_^ Ahh I got so shaky after like, half a cup. And then I drank a few more cups and I was like a fucking chihuahua. Have you ever looked at the word chihuahua? It's such an odd word... o_O

I like coffee. Quite a bit. God I missed it. Technically, I'm still supposed to be avoiding it, but I have completely shit self-control so... I'm going to drink all the coffee!

I think things are going to get better with my boyfriend. My best friend (who completely approves of the boyfriend) has been helping us work things out. Also, his (the boyfriend's) brother has been giving us some advice (he's older and married and gives really good advice, especially for a stoner XD). So.. I think we may be okay! We're looking into a one bedroom apartment. I hope we get it! It's $425/month, has a backyard, we have to pay the utilities, but that's fine. It's pet friendly and the pet deposit is only $100. Oh my God! The boy's co-worker lives there right now, which is how we found out about it. ^_^ And apparently it's in a really quiet area! Yayyy!

Hmm..

I went shopping with my mom yesterday. I got a dress and a XL t-shirt and a wide belt to go with it, so it's basically a cute, short dress for summer. And I got a new pair of ankle boots, because I go through boots like crazy and I have a shoe fetish. XD Oh and a cute new hippie-looking bag. I like it! ^_^

Anyone mind if I post pictures of my two favorite pairs of shoes? No? Okay. Just scroll past the next two pictures if you don't care. XD


 Excuse the fatness and ugliness in the background T_T

Look at this link? It made me happy! --> http://www.marcandangel.com/2012/02/23/40-photo-illustrated-questions/


3 comments:

  1. I love your shoes - the pink ones especially. And you're not fat or ugly sweetie, you look like a cutie ^_^
    I'm addicted to coffee. I couldn't survive without caffeine haha. And I love it when my pets cuddle up next to me. The other morning I had my kitty on my lap and my puppy next to me on my armchair. It was too cute for words.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those boots look adorable! I have a thing for boots. Boots are amazing, especially black lace ups! And no, you're very pretty!

    I've been wanting to read the Game Of Thrones series, but the show is addicting, my gosh! I'm not sure how accurate it is to the books (other than it's evidently MUCH cleaner sexually than to the books...which is saying a LOT), but my friend has read the whole series so far and loves the show just as much. Oh, and I'm totally with you on the "hipster" reading thing. Twilight sucked, and honestly (fan girls don't hurt me) I've read better post-apocalyptic government tyrannical sci-fi. And I haven't read 50 Shades of Gray, but my mom said that I should start reading it in college because I might like it...awkward.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad that there is someone else who feels as disgusted as I do about Twilight. I made it through the first book and half way through the second one and decided they were complete shit! Anyways, I haven't yet started Game of Thrones though I have wanted to. I'm waiting to watch the series until I've read the books because I'm weird like that about movies and shows...always must read the books first! Also, love the boots!

    ReplyDelete

Not all vampires bite! Comment? ^_^